Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Potty Training Chart

The little man is FINALLY showing signs of being ready to potty train. Am I ever ready for it! We've been on two solid days of potty training with one accident each day. They both happened shortly after working hours where I lose track of the time. He tinkled in the kitchen yesterday and today immediately After sitting on the potty he went into the other room and pooped his pants! Argh! As soon as I cleaned him up and ran a bath, I went to look of there were any 'leftovers' in the room he chose and the damn puppy peed right in front of me! Some days I could just dig a hole and crawl inside. Some days I wish I was just at the beach.

Any-who, I couldn't find a potty training chart that I like enough. They all were either two short or not interesting or exciting enough. So naturally, I made one. Poster board, foam backing, sharpies and stickers.




The goal is for Z to fill each puff of smoke with a sticker, working his way to each planet in our solar system starting from the sun. He gets one sticker for pee and 2 for poop. (And only one per hour, to keep from multiple trips to get more rewards, tricky buggar will do that!)


 Each planet has a reward. Mars = a Sucker, Venus = a trip to the park, Earth = a trip to the zoo. 

 He earned his sucker in one day so as to experience the reward and catch on to the goal. I think it's going to work out well. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment