Thursday, October 27, 2011

Address Numbers

So it seems people are having a hard time finding our new house. (Even though our address is written on the sidewalk like everyone else's.) so I wanted a creative (and cheap) way to display the numbers.

My husband just happened to be trimming the trees out front while I was contemplating ideas for this, when I noticed the core of the branches were a beautiful reddish color. There were my new address numbers.


First: I cut a nice large log from the branch. 


I then cut it in a little over a inch slices with the miter saw. 



After letting them dry for a few days I drilled small holes to hang them with, 


and used the wood burner to carve the numbers.



Super easy, super cute. 

I stain/weatherproofed them with rust-ease exterior clear finish. I don't know how long they will really last. But they will work, took just a few hours total to make, and mostly free (only bought the varnish). 
Saweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment