Saturday, March 30, 2013

Things I saw on Pinterest and tried #27 strawberry stones

I originally saw a picture on Pinterest of the strawberry stones, but none of the links ever worked for me. Since then I've seen a lot of them popping up, but I could never find any successful stories of them working. Still, it was an easy project with things I already had on hand. So when my son woke up early from nap the other day, we started painting rocks to keep him quiet and from waking the other kids.




He enjoyed himself immensely, and did a fantastic job! It took us a few days to get a few coats on and dried, then I stayed up one night to have some peace to do the 'seeds'. It's impossible to concentrate on details with a three year old. I swear!




Before the clear coat....





And after. I'm really please at their turn out. And I promise to report my findings if I think they really deter birds or not. Otherwise it was a great and easy project to do with my toddler!

No comments:

Post a Comment